Media Release: WNZ sponsor rural photography award
Wools of New Zealand the new sponsor of the Rural Photography Award
The New Zealand Guild of Agricultural Journalists and Communicators is proud to announce Wools of New Zealand as the new sponsor for the highly competitive Rural Photography Award. The award celebrates all that is great about photojournalism and the work of photographers covering stories across New Zealand’s rural communities and sector.
Talking about the importance of recognising photographers working in the rural sector, John McWhirter, CEO at Wools of New Zealand said, “we’re proud to be backing the communicators and journalists who are focussing on telling our agricultural story.
“Some of these images take a split second to capture. Others take months of research and building trust. It’s great to be able to celebrate the skill and commitment of the photographers working across the motu.”
Neal Wallace, President of the New Zealand Guild of Agricultural Journalists and Communicators said, “Having Wools of New Zealand, an internationally recognised New Zealand-owned brand, supporting the Rural Photography Award shows the importance of telling our stories visually. We’re delighted to have them on-board.”
The New Zealand Guild of Agricultural Journalists and Communicators has been running awards for journalists for over 30 years to encourage and recognise excellence in agricultural journalism and the important role it plays in shaping our understanding of agriculture – the backbone of this country.
As well as the Rural Photography Award entries are now open for all categories in this year’s competition:
- AgResearch Science Writers Award
- Alliance Group Ltd Red Meat Industry Journalism Award
- Beef + Lamb Hard News Award
- DairyNZ Dairy Industry Journalism Award
- Federated Farmers Agricultural Broadcast Journalism Award
- Ko Tātou This Is Us Biosecurity Journalism Award
- Ministry for Primary Industries Fit for a Better World
- Ministry for Primary Industries Rongo Award
- NZGAJC Primary Sector Communications Campaign Award
- OverseerFM Award for Farm Planning Digital Storytelling
- Pāmū Agricultural Journalism Encouragement Award
- TUANZ New Zealand Rural Communities Award
- Zespri Export Journalism Award
The closing date for entries for all awards is 5pm on Sunday 8 October. The winners will be announced at the Awards Night in Wellington on Friday 10 November.
All awards criteria and more information can be found on the NZGAJC website: https://www.nzgajc.org.nz/